Saturday, April 26, 2008

A Perfect Day

It's not an exaggeration to say I've been spending almost all of my time outside in the nice weather.  Thursday was a fantastic day: I turned in my last 15 page paper of the semester, grabbed some ice-cream, and hit up Central Park.  I decided to give Pinkberry a try, since it seems to be all the rage.  My verdict is that it's overpriced, mediocre frozen yogurt.  

I got a small coffee ice-cream with one topping, which came to the ridiculous total of $5.25.  I was hesitant, but I gave it a fair chance regardless of the price.  The yogurt = not so good.  It didn't taste anything like coffee and was kind of boring.  I expected a lot more from a small yogurt that cost $5.25.  I was baffled to see people lining up and spending upwards of $7 for these yogurts!!!  Why spend that much on o.k. yogurt when you can get great frozen yogurt from the local ice-cream truck for a few dollars.  So, my verdict on the new "Pinkberry" craze: spend your money elsewhere.

I took my expensive yogurt to Central Park and plopped down on the nice green grass.  I spent a few hours reading, people watching, and taking in some sun.  I wasn't ready to go home, so I  began my unintentional hike through the park.  I started at the top of the park on the NorthWest side and ended up at the bottom of the park on the SouthEast side.  It felt like everyone in NY was in the park- there were kids and families everywhere!  Everyone seemed so happy.  Since I've spent most my time in Texas which doesn't have seasons, I never realized how much the seasons effect you.  After a long, cold winter, you could feel how giddy everyone was to be out in the sun.  People were smiling, laughing, and very friendly.  I even made a few friends on my walk.

These two little girls were rubbing dirt on their face 
and thought it was just the funniest thing. 

After walking about 7 miles, I finally decided to call it a day.  I returned home with a smile and dirty feet.  Danny and I grabbed a few beers and went to the roof to watch the sunset.  We talked for about an hour and then walked down the street and grabbed a few slices of pizza.  I could not have asked for a better Thursday.  Here's a few pictures of us goofing off on the roof.


No comments: