Friday, May 16, 2008

Happy, Happy Birthday


I wanted to thank my friends and family for making my birthday so special this year. I felt like a princess with all the flowers, cards, and birthday phone calls and texts. My friends and family are the most important people in my life, so thank you for making me feel so loved.


We celebrated my birthday on Friday night with our friends. We went to dinner at a fantastic little Cuban restaurant in the Village. There was quite a comical situation at the beginning of dinner that involved me trying to order guacamole. I had asked the waiter if they had guacamole and he said yes, so I placed an order. A few minutes later, an order of fried plantains showed up at our table. The waiter came over to me to clarify what I had asked for, since the plantains were obviously not what I ordered. I asked him again about the guacamole to which he answered, oh, no we don't have guacamole.





Other than the guacamole conflict, dinner was delicious. I had a seafood paella that came in an authentic paella pan and included a lobster tail, shrimp, monkfish, calamari, mussels, and calms. I could not believe that I ate the whole thing, but it was just that good. Someone told the waiters it was my birthday, so once dinner was done, two waiters came over and sang happy birthday to me. There was a candle in the cake, but this was no ordinary candle. It was like they had stuck a firework in my cake. I will include a picture as soon as I get it.

From there, we moved on to our favorite bar, The Blue Donkey. We definitely owned the bar that night. We started rocking out to some Flight of the Conchords music and then Darien and I proceeded to play a few video games. I think this might have been one of my best birthdays yet. I had such a good time with my new friends in NYC and wished that all my other friends could have been there as well. Thank you all for a great birthday! I love each and every one of you!


No comments: