Friday, March 14, 2008

Eletelephony

For the past week, I've had one of my favorite children's poems running through my head. I feel like I should say that I want to rid this repeating poem from my mind, yet it still manages to make me laugh after 2o years.   I highly recommend "The Random House Book of Poetry for Children" for anyone with children, or the sense of humor of a child (a.k.a me).  I've enjoyed my copy for over 20 years.  I decided to share this wonderful poem with everyone.  Enjoy!



Eletelephony
by Laura E. Richards

Once there was an elephant,
Who tried to use the telephant-
No! No! I mean an elephone
Who tried to use the telephone-
(Dear me! I am not certain quite
That even now I've got it right.)

Howe'er it was, he got his trunk
Entangled in the telephunk;
The more he tried to get it free,
The louder buzzed the telephee-
(I fead I'd better drop this song
Of elephop and telephong!)

No comments: