Thursday, February 21, 2008

Mmmmmac and cheese


I was a little slow with getting this post up, but the slowness had something to do with spending over 12 hours in the city the last two days. Danny and I had a free day on Monday, so we played 'tourist' for the day. We started with the Metropolitan Museum (MET) in the morning. I found out that I get in free for being a Columbia student, which was very exciting. We spent about 2 hours wandering through the gigantic museum. I was very impressed with the collection of Van Gogh and Monet paintings. The weather was abnormally beautiful for February, in the low 60s, so after the museum, we walked to the reservoir in Central Park. It felt like all of New York was out jogging because of the nice weather.


We worked up quite an appetite with all the walking, so we hightailed it to S'Mac, a little restaurant that only serves mac and cheese. That's right, gourmet mac and cheese. The place was jam packed!!! I couldn't believe how crowded it was at 2pm. We waited about 20 minutes for our food, but oohhhhh was it worth it! I got the La Mancha, which included Manchego cheese from Spain, fennel, and onion. I realized after I ordered that I made a mistake not getting a smaller size, but oh well, I had leftovers. They bring your mac and cheese out straight from the oven in an individual skillet. I was blown away! Danny got the Cheeseburger mac and cheese and love it. The moral of the story is that we will be taking any and all visitors for mac and cheese when they come visit (hint, hint).

On another note, I am an official research assistant on two different projects at New York Psychiatric Institute. I am very excited about this because it is the first time I will be working in my field AND getting paid. They told me that they want me to work with them through Dec, at least. So, that's about all for now. I know that this was a long post, but oh well, I had a lot to say. Hope all is well elsewhere. Peace.

No comments: